The DG-808C motorglider is the elder statesman of motorgliders. It can be flown in both the 15m and 18m competition classes. The powerful Solo 2-625-01 engine and the state-of-the-art wing design allows for outstanding climb capabilities and superior soaring performance. Standard equipment includes:
- DEI-NT (New Technology) provides graphic display for simplified engine control including engine and flight time log, stall, airbrake, and landing gear warning and many other functions.
- Steerable tail wheel
- (OAT) Outside air temperature gauge
- Reinforced safety cockpit
- New reinforced landing gear with large steel springs
- Bug wiper preparation insets at wing roots
- Built-in refueling pump with automatic shut-off
- Max. weight increased to 600 kg for 18m and 540 kg for 15m span
- 150 liter water ballast tanks with 6.5 liter fin tank volume
An emergency bail-out aid system, wing parting for 15m configuration, disc brake, stowable taxi wheel for wing tip, additional battery, custom interiors, as well as many other innovations are available as options.
Note: The DG-808C Classic version is no longer available.