Four DG-1001 Versions
DG-1001 offers two pure glider variations, the DG-1001 Club and DG-1001S. Both are excellent trainers and are ideal for aerobatic or cross-country flying.
- The DG-1001 Club comes standard with 18m wings and fixed nose, main, and tail wheels.
- The DG-1001S comes standard without the nose wheel but with a very high spring mounted electric or manual retractable main wheel with disc brake, tail wheel, and removable 20 meter wingtip extensions with winglets. Also included are 160 liter water balast tanks in the wings and a fin tank.
If you are considering a powered sailplane the DG-1001 offers two variations, the DG-1001M self-launcher and the DG-1001T sustainer. A DG1001TE (all electric sustainer) was also developed, but production was suspended due to the high cost of the batteries and lack of orders.
- The DG-1001M with a Solo 2 625 02i electric fuel injected engine has more power, more redundancy, smoother operation, and reduced noise levels than ever before. It is the ultimate in two-place freedom and performance.
- The DG-1001T is the ideal cross-country trainer. The simple light weight Solo 2 350 C sustainer engine has ample power for maintaining and even climbing, as may be needed to get you home, on those days when the lift has unexpectedly disappeared.
- The DG-1001TE (no longer available) The all electric motor is operated by simply moving a power lever fore and aft. With the propeller extended and flying faster than the power lever is set for, the power inverter converts the motor into a generator which recharges the batteries. With the low drag of the clean extended pylon, it is possible to keep on climbing in weak thermals and store this thermal lift energy in the batteries for later use when needed.